Friday, March 15, 2013

Charles Spurgeon on staying away from Medical forums on the Internet!

I enjoy the internet.  I read and read almost all evening long.  I love to learn and to research medical things.  Must be the "nurse" in me!  However, I've found myself in medical forums that are not good for me to be in.  It seems that people flock to the internet when disasters happen...and they type about it!  Go figure.  It also seems that I've had the ability to stumble across most of those posts...and it has managed to put me into a state of fear and questioning our doctors abilities, depth of wisdom and just down right "compassion" in treating my husband as well as my friends.  This is not good.  Now, logically, I know that people who feel they have been 'wronged' will report it, post about it and try to cause an all out raucous, but I still go back into the the ring for another round.  I almost always come out feeling battered and beaten down.  At times I think I actually BLEED over it!  I've been convicted over and over..."don't go there"!  Something (someone?) calls me back though...thinking I might find just the piece of information that I need to give me comfort, peace, cure...whatever the word I'm looking for here.  I've spent the better part of a year searching...for what?  I think for someone to tell me "if this happens then you can let down your guard and relax" or "if this happens, you might as well prepare to live without your husband or your friend".  Then I realize that I can't relax.  It causes me stress to think about relaxing, if that makes sense.  Perplexing and confusing...at best.  But one thing I do know...I can't go there anymore.  I need discipline to stay away from "danger zones".  There is little, if any, absolute truth found in articles or forums on the internet.  Too many variables to consider and we don't have all the info needed to make those deductions accurately...so, once again, and with Charles Spurgeon's admonition, I will ask God to help me stay away and to be more productive with my time. 


Evening ...
 
Psalm 39:1
I will take heed to my ways.
 
Fellow-pilgrim, say not in your heart, "I will go hither and thither, and I shall not sin;" for you are never so out of danger of sinning as to boast of security. The road is very miry, it will be hard to pick your path so as not to soil your garments. This is a world of pitch; you will need to watch often, if in handling it you are to keep your hands clean. There is a robber at every turn of the road to rob you of your jewels; there is a temptation in every mercy; there is a snare in every joy; and if you ever reach heaven, it will be a miracle of divine grace to be ascribed entirely to your Father's power. Be on your guard. When a man carries a bomb-shell in his hand, he should mind that he does not go near a candle; and you too must take care that you enter not into temptation. Even your common actions are edged tools; you must mind how you handle them. There is nothing in this world to foster a Christian's piety, but everything to destroy it. How anxious should you be to look up to God, that He may keep you! Your prayer should be, "Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe." Having prayed, you must also watch; guarding every thought, word, and action, with holy jealousy. Do not expose yourselves unnecessarily; but if called to exposure, if you are bidden to go where the darts are flying, never venture forth without your shield; for if once the devil finds you without your buckler, he will rejoice that his hour of triumph is come, and will soon make you fall down wounded by his arrows. Though slain you cannot be; wounded you may be. "Be sober; be vigilant, danger may be in an hour when all seemeth securest to thee." Therefore, take heed to thy ways, and watch unto prayer. No man ever fell into error through being too watchful. May the Holy Spirit guide us in all our ways, so shall they always please the Lord.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I do still check out your blog from time to time so THANK YOU for posting here!

I know what you mean about being almost addicted to something & going back to it time & time again even though it's not good for you.

Do we trust God? Do we believe HE is in charge and cares about us more than anyone/anything else?

We could make a pact--the next time we're tempted to "go there" we fall to our knees instead. And keep each other accountable--do you text? (you really need to!)

Hugs from West Lafayette, me